So, I did what I know how to do...I researched and found a way to get the same results by doing it myself! I now can wrap as much as I want a month for a fraction of the cost of 1 of the popular wraps! Now, please know that I am not knocking the wraps....I clearly tried them and like them. They provide a great result and are filled with lots of natural goodness but the price just isn't right for me.
Here is how I got the popular "slimming wrap" results at home. The basis behind my at home wraps is easy...the salt in the rub seeps into your body through the skin resulting in your body forcing out unnecessary water. The added bonus in my version is that the caffeine from the tea will help fight cellulite! It is NOT a get slim quick fix...just an extra boost to make your jeans fit a little better. The best part is that you can wrap any area of your body that you would like! Your arms, legs, thighs, and belly! Sorry, I will NOT be posting before and after pictures...you can thank me if you would like! I do not have results to hide...just some stretch marks and a few extra pounds :)
Now..I have included all of the ingredients for you in the recipes. You can add any essential oils you would like. You can also save yourself some time and order a scrub from my Etsy shop! Many of my scrubs can be used in place of these items so you will NOT have to buy anything! 15% off items for my readers at my Esty Shop using code ETSYROCKS. I will gladly answer any questions you have and can alter any recipe to be used for the slimming wrap! HERE IS MY ONLINE STORE!
Version 1:Here is what you need:
- Ace bandage or some type of fabric that can absorb water and be wrapped around the body. Heck...I am so cheap that I used an old pair of blue jeans and cut straight down the legs to make nice long strips! PERFECT!
- The "recipe" - basically you will need - water, tea bags, salt, and coconut oil (or a moisturizer)
- Saran Wrap - to lock in the moisture and body heat!
- Some time. You can sleep in this or simply wear it around the house...up to you!
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tea bags (I chose green tea)
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 8 ounces of water
- Bring 2 cups water to boil with most of the salt and tea bags.
- Drink the 8 ounces of water before wrapping
- Let water boil for about 2 minutes then allow it to begin cooling
- While the water is boiling, combine the remaining salt (about 2 tbsp) with the coconut oil and massage into the area(s) you are treating.
- Unroll the ace bandage and soak it in the salt water concoction and allow it to soak up the liquid.
- Tightly wrap affected areas with the ace bandage (make sure the water is NOT SCOLDING but is still warm! You want it to be warm to open up your pours!
- Follow up by wrapping the bandaged areas with saran wrap. This will lock in the moisture and your body heat!!
- Go about your business! Wrap before bed or while you are hanging out. Unwrap a few hours later and check out your results!
Alternative Version:Items needed:
- Coconut oil (any white lotion will work)
- 1/4 cup of sea salt
- ace bandage
- saran wrap
- 8 ounces of water (to drink!)
- Simply add the salt and coconut oil together.
- Massage into areas needing treatment.
- In this version, you will wrap with saran wrap FIRST to lock in your body heat!
- Then, wrap the areas with the ace bandage to hold the saran wrap in place. A girdle helps to hold this in place if you have one :)
Now...I have to be honest, I did get better results with the first version. I found myself going to the restroom every 15 minutes! if I am in a time crunch though, I like version number 2. I DID get results with BOTH!
IF YOU ARE READY TO WRAP...CHECK OUT MY ETSY SHOP! I have two great scrubs that can be used in conjunction with the wrap!Simply rub it in and wrap away! Both my organic Vanilla Latte Cellulite reducing scrub and my all natural herbed lemon salt scrub can be used for wrapping! I am offering 15% off for my readers with code ETSYROCKS! Click HERE to check them out!
Let me know if you have tried either version and the results you found. Again...I AM NOT knocking the fancy schmancy ones, I liked them actually but can not afford the maintenance. I hope that these tricks help save you money and that you catch some results!