Homemade Organic Sweet Mocha Chocolate Body Scrub

I recently found a jar of amazing chocolate body scrub-it smelled so good that I thought I could eat it. Then I flipped over the jar and found the ingredient list. After reading,  I found that not only should I NOT eat it....I really shouldn't even be putting it on my skin! It was filled with chemicals that I couldn't even pronounce and not even the chocolate in it was real.

As sad as I was to let that sweet smelling scrub sit on the shelf- it had to be done. I have said it before and will say it again.... "My skin is a conductor NOT a barrier"! Throughout my newbie "green" journey, I have found that everything I place onto my skin becomes a part of my body. There are even studies that show chemicals from cosmetics worn by the pregnant mother are found in newborn babies. Don't worry...this article is not THAT article and PLEASE believe me--there is NO JUDGEMENT. I just feel that lathering chemicals on my skin would practically negate my organic diet and choices. I would just have to come up with a way to have my scrub...and be able to eat it too!

Lucky for me, I have some resourceful friends in the blogger world who have taught me that I can make ANYTHING that I can buy in a store! I sat down - sans recipe- and began creating my NEW favorite body scrub. Even if you aren't looking particularly for an organic body scrub...you will STILL LOVE THIS DIY Body scrub!

This body scrub was SO easy to make and used ingredients that I already have around the house! The best part is that I make it with real cocoa so it is caffeinated. This hit of caffeine helps to attack and reduce cellulite...that is a BIG plus for me. Did I mention that it is totally edible?

Ingredients:
  • 1- 1.5 Cup(s) Cocoa Powder
  • 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1 cup White Sugar
  • 2-3 tablespoons Coconut Oil (or any oil you would like olive oil, grapeseed, etc)
  • 2 tablespoons Organic Coffee - just a dash for extra caffeine. You can omit if you would like.
Directions:
 Want to know how easy this is?!?!??
  1. Blend together in a bowl. Yep...That's it! 
Use:
Use this scrub on your skin in the bath or shower. Since you used high quality ingredients, a little will go a long way!!! The caffeine will attack your cellulite and the coconut oil will leave your skin naturally moisturized and refreshed!

Here are a few fun variations:
  • Add in chopped organic mint for a refreshing experience! Smells so good and really wakes you up in the morning!
  • Add in some dried coconut for extra exfoliation!
  • Add in vanilla for a new scent.
  • Finely Chopped Almonds are a great way to exfoliate!
THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!

So...now you can have your body scrub and eat it too!

You can always just grab a jar from my Etsy Shop! It is available for sale for only $9.99 HERE. Use code ETSYROCKS for 15% off any of my all natural and organic body scrubs!

HERE ARE A FEW OTHER ALL-NATURAL AND ORGANIC BODY SCRUB RECIPES!


Don't forget to follow me on social media!
 

2 comments:

Hayley said...

What is the shelf life of this scrub? Thinking of making it as a gift but don't want it to go bad. I've read peppermint EO can kill bacteria so maybe that would help keep it fresh longer...Can't wait to try it!

Unknown said...

The articles are very informational. Can you please tell me which is the best body scrub in India that can be used by men and women.

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS