Apple Cider Vinegar
Raw Apple Cider vinegar has has a long history in "fad" dieting. The apple cider vinegar first made its appearance in the 1950s when it was said to remove cholesterol from the body, promote weight loss, as well as cure many other ailments simply by taking a few teaspoons before eating. It has long topped the list of "weirdest diets" and since there is no caloric restriction or "plan"....it is certainly a "fad" diet - but lets face it.....its not the weidest thing that I have done to loose weight!
Believe it or not, Raw Apple Cider Vinegar has beneficial components that can make us feel better, look better, and feel energized.
- Potassium – assists in preventing brittle teeth, hair loss and nasal congestion.
- Pectin – can help to stabilize blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol.
- Malic Acid – helps to fight viruses, bacteria, and fungus.
- Calcium – supports strong bones and teeth.
- Acetic Acid – This is very important for the weight loss factor. This acid is shown to slow the digestion of starchy foods which can help to lower the spike in glucose that happens after meals.
Here are 8 Reasons to Add Raw Apple Cider Vinegar to your Daily Routine:1.ACV Fights Exhaustion - The amino acids contained in apple cider vinegar are said to fight the body's natural lactic acid buildup that can lead to exhaustion and fatigue.
2. ACV Contains acetic acid- This acid is said to slow the digestion of starch which can help to lower the spike in glucose that commonly happens after meals.
3. ACV contains malic acid which gives ACV its anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
4. ACV is said to help improve bowel irregularity and helps to remove toxins from the body more quickly..
5. Studies have found that ACV may be able to kill cancer cells or slow their growth.
6. ACV has been used on skin to fight acne for years but it is also reported that drinking it will clear and improve skin's appearance as well!
7. Apple Cider Vinegar assists in breaking down fats so that your body can use them instead of storing them.
8. ACV is said to fight leg cramps and joint stiffness.
Those were just 8 of the reasons! It is also shown to whiten teeth, sooth sore throats, fight nasal congestion, indigestion, and has tons of other "all-natural" health remedy benefits!!
How to take your Raw ACV:This is entirely up to you and how you best handle the ACV! I took a shot the first day and decided to dilute mine a bit....hey, tequila was rough at first too but I got used to it!
Here is my morning recipe:
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of Raw ACV
- 1 Lemon
- If you are feeling froggy...you can add in some red pepper flakes which are supposed to raise your metabolism!
- Add some honey if you need the sweetener!