DIY All Natural Edible Body Chocolate--vegan option too!

Okay...I KNOW that this is NOT my typical post. For those of you who don't come to the site often,  I am usually all about organic lifestyles and frugal living but sometimes even I stray into the bizarre! Thank goodness my mom does not read my blog (no joke...she has never been to it and doesn't know the address anyway) and while I am at it - big apology to my mother-in-law who reads religiously. PS. M-I-L...I love you but you may want to stop reading now....


Joking aside, this is a REAL post! I was actually asked a question about an organic option for edible body chocolate --no, not by my hubby--but someone looking for a wedding gift. I giggled a bit at first and then realized that it is a legit question! For those of us committed to living organic and green lifestyles, sometimes...you just can't grab things off the shelf, you have to DIY.

Feeling a sense of duty...I sat down and found a few variations of recipes for Edible Body Chocolate Paint. Some were more like butters and others had a lot of ingredients. This one seemed just right! Easy steps, easy ingredients, and safe to eat (no chemicals, preservatives, or junk). The BIG bonus is that you can make a vegan version-just swap the butter out for coconut oil (maybe add some extra sugar too).

For the record (M-I-L...if you are still reading - I have not made this......YET) ;)

This recipe makes about 1/2 cup.

For extra fun....there are things you can add in!
  • booze
  • hot peppers
  • peppermint
  • espresso
 

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup sugar 
  • 1 pinch kosher salt
  • 3 tablespoons water
  • 2 tablespoons butter (use coconut oil for vegan option!)
  • 1/4 cup raw cocoa powder




Directions:

1) Put sugar, salt and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil then remove it from the heat
2) Stir in the butter and mix until incorporated (you may want to use a whisk)
3) Add remaining ingredients. Stir until glossy.
4) Pour into glass container.

I HEAR that you can make this in the microwave but be sure to allow it to cool a bit before using it! PLEASE DO NOT GET BURNED!

Storage:
 I suggest storing any leftovers in the fridge. Remember...no preservatives so best to be safe! You can always give it a quick zap in the microwave before your next use.

Would you just prefer to buy it? 
If so...you are in LUCK! This chocolate body paint is for sale in my Etsy Shop!  

ENJOY YOUR CHOCOLATE BODY PAINT RESPONSIBLY!

I hope you enjoy this recipe and spend some time on my site! Please feel free to follow me via email or on your favorite social media site!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

question, mine came out a bit watery.. does it thicken in the fridge.. or is there something i an add to it that wont take the flavor away?

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS