Organic Makeup from Sappho Cosmetics


If you have been following along with my blog, you know that I have worked very hard over the last 8 months to get my family a bit "greener". We started with cleaning supplies, moved to food, and I am now working on "greening" our health care and beauty items. Little did I know, this was easier said than done.


Finding GREAT organic beauty products is NOT as easy as it sounds. When going to the "big box" stores, you will find brands who try to LOOK Organic but are not! Because there are no legal definitions of what "green" or "natural" makeup is, the companies deceive you by adding pretty pictures of flowers and plants to the packaging or by adding the word "natural" to the label. All you have to do is flip the package over to see that the chemicals and additives are still there.

So, I did as I always do and went for a little hunt on the internet. I was immediately drawn to the Sappho Cosmetics site! Who knew I was so hip btw?....Jennifer Beals, Instyle Magazine, and many other beauty all-stars are raving about Sappho- I am OFFICIALLY A COOL KID!

So Why Go Organic With Your Makeup?
Your skin is the largest organ in your body. Although we may treat it as if it is, your skin is NOT a barrier. It is a conductor and absorbs everything you put on it. The chemicals found in our beauty routines are brought into the body and are even passed to unborn children while in the womb! In our makeups, you will find things like lead, quatramine 14 (which forms formaldehyde in your body), parabens (Evidence suggests that parabens are linked to various cancers), and many other harmful chemicals.You can read more about the chemicals and additives HERE.

Why Sappho?
First, their "tagline" is "Makeup Fearlessly" and the word fearlessly describes my motto for life. In addition to their promises (shown below and taken directly from their website), all of their products are vegan! I was sold! If you are a tiara and trophy kinda gal...Sappho is winning them right and left and being featured in magazines all across the globe!

Sappho Organics promises to:

  • support all efforts to be original in art, music, fashion and life;
  • fully disclose our ingredients; to use only the purest, cleanest and healthiest ingredients available.
  • because people vary and because of environmental stresses we promise to create more conscious awareness of your experience with our products. To that end if you have sensitivities to aloe vera, jojoba oil, essential oils, iron oxides or mica  or have a depressed or compromised immune system,  we recommend introducing our products slowly by starting with a sample or patch test
  • minimize our footprint as we grow; and
  • remain a positive influence in this world.
So What Did I think?

I am absolutely in LOVE. To be honest, I was a bit leery at first because this was my first journey into "green" makeup. I had no idea what to expect and the prices were higher than I typically paid for my makeup - hello dollar store. I am here to say that I will NEVER buy makeup anywhere else. I use way less foundation than I did of the cheap stuff and my skin is thanking me by the day! It feels softer, smoother, and even looks better with and without the makeup on.

My absolute FAVORITE item is the "Undo" concealer. A small dab under each eye conceals bags, hides wrinkles, and really gives a refreshed look to my face. I was going to post a before and after picture but my 5 year old daughter advised me against it. She said no one wanted to see my before photo, so you are just going to have to take my word for it. I assure you, she is a very wise girl! A little "undo" goes a long way so this little container of miracle cream will last you for a long while!

I also love that their website gives you some amazing tips and tricks for make-up application! You can find some of them HERE. The other tips can teach you how to make lips look fuller, accentuate your eyes, or even how to manage NOT to make your nose look bigger! These are welcomed tips for someone who has not been "cool" since having kids 9 years ago.

I could go on and on about how much I love Sappho's products but will spare you my babbling! The company has a real affinity for beauty and a passion for the environment. Even the packaging is eco-friendly!

They even speak to my frugal side with a few specials!
Magnetic Compact  Special
Buy 3 pressed Eye shadows and get a FREE magnetic eco-friendly compact HERE



Take a few minutes and check out the Sappho site as well as the links I have shared. I am confident that after a few more weeks of this amazing make-up, I will be ready to share that before picture with the world!

*This post was not paid for in anyway by Sappho cosmetics. They did provide to me make-up to sample and review. All opinions expressed within are completely my own and can not be influenced by any company.


 


No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS