All Natural DIY Bronzer

Okay...I have been wanting to try this for sometime and have seen a lot of versions on the internet..some look good and some look crazy, I finally broke down to try it! You see, In the past few months, I have made the switch to chemical free cosmetics and body care. I totally began realizing that my skin is a conductor not a barrier. Here I am working so hard to keep chemicals out then slathering them on my face and skin only to be absorbed! I even found out that there are certain chemicals found only in makeup that can be transmitted from a pregnant mother to her unborn child! Don't worry, I am not starting a rant about it but it did bring home the need for me to go chemical free. I began by buying organic and vegan items at the store but found  it was certainly not budget friendly!

This DIY bronzer powder is handmade by YOU! So...if you get a little tan on, you can simply darken your powder. I am going to leave the amounts of the ingredients up to you as you know your skin color the best. Just play until you get the right amount.

As I mentioned, there are a lot of different versions of this recipe out there...some involve powdered sugar as the base. I am not certain that I should put sugar on my face! if it breaks me out when I eat it.....Anyway..my version uses cornstarch. Cornstarch can be used as an oil fighting powder and has actually helped in clearing acne when used daily. So...I thought what better to use for this All-Natural Bronzer!

It has an amazing scent and  is amazingly cheap! I bet a whole container of this costs about 50 cents when you add it together!

cocoa powderIngredients:
  • Cornstarch
  • Cinnamon (the finer the better) - Gives some glow and glitter
  • Cocoa Powder



Now...I have heard that if you add some essential oils to your blend, you can pat it down into a recycled  compact and have more of a pressed powder! I haven't tried it since the bronzer is working well for me in the powdered form. For about 5 tablespoons of powder, use 10-15 drops of essential oil. Then pack firmly into an empty compact. Allow to dry overnight or at least a few hours.

ALSO - If you are looking for an all natural liquid bronzer---add cocoa powder and cinnamon to a cup of white lotion. Make it your desired color and spread onto your body. NOW...some people say this is a self tanner...I tried it as such and wasn't impressed. It isn't waterproof so I don't say it "tanned" me. But it was a nice glow similar to other lotions on the market.

Directions:
  1. Add your ingredients together. You will start with about 2 tbsp of cornstarch. To that add less than 1 tbsp of cocoa powder and 1 tbsp of cinnamon. Blend these together and then add more cocoa powder if needed. Everyone has their own color so I would start here then build up!
  2. Test it on your skin before adding more! 
  3. When APPLYING...BE GENTLE! This is a pretty color saturated item so you will start with a soft whisp of color and then blend. Use a large brush to apply in a circular motion for best results. 
Enjoy your new All-Natural Bronzer and your cocoa inspired glow! If you have any other all-natural tips or beauty secrets...please share!

Check out some of my other all natural recipes!


DIY All-Natural Slimming Body Scrubs - 2 ways! 

Check out some organic makeup available from Walgreen's Online Store!
Physicians Formula Organic Wear MakeupBlum Naturals Daily Cleansing & Makeup Remover Towelettes, Dry & Sensitive Skin contains Organic Chamomile ExtractBlum Naturals Daily Eye Makeup Remover contains Organic Cucumber Extract OR....Try shopping at Amazon!

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS