Now, the truth is that I messed up. I am unrelentingly cheap and have always done
my own haircolor at home BUT that was never over bleached hair! I found a very good deal (clearance $1.24) on some normally $10 color and went for it! Day 1...It was bright magenta but by day 2 it smoothed out to a nice pink and blonde highlighted hairdo. That doesn't change the fact that to others....it would be a SHOCK!
Remember how accepting I said that my husband was about my haircolor choices?....well lets just say that my poor father has NEVER gotten used to it! I get the comments, the funny looks, and even the offer to take me to my mom's hair stylist- so when my haircolor chose me this week, the DAY before Father's Day-- I almost felt bad. I HAD to come up with some GREAT excuses to use at the family get together. No way was I going and saying that it was a mistake and I know that I can use Color Oops Hair Color Remover Wipesfor only $6 bucks but was liking it a bit too much to change it so I had to think FAST!
Here were 10 of the excuses I had PLANNED to use on Father's Day!
10. I was going furniture shopping and wanted to be left to browse at my leisure (TRUE and it worked :))
9. I want to become a flirty girl fitness instructor but want to be in better shape first- this was to remind me about my commitment to drop a few lbs.
8. It was for a blogging contest. (Heck, they don't even read my website...they will NEVER know but they encourage anything for money!)
7. I was going to dye it pink for a breast cancer walk - trial run!
6. I was talking to my 5 year old daughter who wants pink hair and was telling her that it was a silly idea...I had to prove it to her...darn, she is persistent.
5. I actually paid for this! It was a new hairdresser and she messed up...I didn't have the heart to tell her it was not right. - can't make comments when I am playing the sympathy card...right?!
4. Did I mention that breast cancer runs in the family and I wanted to be mindful of the lingering threat as I challenge my family to be more organic and healthy?
3. I am tired of having the "taste tester" people at the grocery stores taunting me with their samples! With this hair color....Ain't no one offering me a sausage!
2. I was testing a color project for homeschool next year --it was in a squeeze bottle and accidentally grabbed it instead of my haircolor..OOPS! Nah..that won't work...they think I am CRAZY for homeschooling!
1. Why do I need an excuse? I am over 30 years old DARN IT! If I choose some pink hair... accept that it may be a midlife crisis and move on! Okay...this one was a last resort but I was prepared to use it.
Oddly enough...they must all be used to me by now because no one even muttered a word about my "children's television" ready hair. I guess if cartoons can carry it --maybe I can too. With that motto in mind, I now plan to take on the Spanish language, open a stuffed animal vet practice, and maybe even break out into song while walking down my street...well, maybe not!
Share your worst hair "oops"in the comments...I KNOW we all have them....right?!?!? Try it for fun..take a trial run of some hair chalk or dye..you may LOVE IT! Heck, I already gave you the excuses!!