Why not use the stuff at the store you might ask? Well, I switched to a 95% organic lifestyle about a year ago (that 5% is for eating out and my sad soda addiction) and have learned that my skin is NOT a barrier to things...it is actually a sponge! Your skin is actually the largest organ of your body and absorbs everything you put onto it. So, if I am not eating chemicals...why would I put them onto my skin. Recent studies are even showing chemicals contained in makeups are present in newborn babies. That is right...your perfect shade of blush is a part of your baby! No hysteria..I promise! But it is true!
REAL pumpkin is so full of benefits! Fresh and cooked pumpkin are both loaded with vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin A, potassium, alpha-carotene, zinc, beta carotene, and lutein. Heck, it is even used in many spa treatments and anti-aging therapies! Looking at the science experiment of a label available at the store...I was finding zero of this good stuff and absolutely no REAL pumpkin.
So...Inspiration arose. A quick trip to Trader Joes (they always have Organic Pumpkin during fall)...and BOOM! Now...instead of having just pumpkin pie- I ALSO HAVE ORGANIC PUMPKIN BODY BUTTER!
This stuff is sooooo easy to make, inexpensive, and even more beneficial for the skin than you can imagine!
You will only need a few ingredients:
- 1/2 Can of Organic Pumpkin
- Organic Cinnamon or Seasonal Spices
- Can of Organic Coconut Milk - just the thickened part at the top (or 1/2 can of cream)
- 2 tbsp of Coconut Oil (not necessary BUT I love it! - Click HERE to see WHY!)
- Skim the thickened part of the coconut milk out of the can - or you can use 1.2 can of heavy coconut cream.
- Mix with 1/2 can of Organic Pumpkin Puree, spices (to your liking), ad 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
Be sure to store your unused portion in the refrigerator. Remember, there are no chemicals and no preservatives. It should store nicely in an airtight container for a while!
While you are at it...Go ahead and whip up a moisturizing and anti-aging facial mask (or masque if you are fancy!)!
What you need:
- 2 teaspoons organic pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon organic honey
- ½ teaspoon coconut milk (any milk will do!)
- cinnamon spice
Directions for use:
- Mix ingredients together ingredients into a paste.
- Apply to freshly washed and dried skin.
- Allow mask to sit for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse with warm water
If you loved this GREEN beauty DIY...Check out these other amazing DIY beauty posts!
Don't forget to follow me on social media!
CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT!
Also available are items like:
All Natural Laundry Soap
Lemon Sugar Body Scrub
DIY Slimming Body Wrap
Vanilla Latte Cellulite Scrub & MORE!